KHALSA KANGHA SINGH KAKAR WOODEN BLACK COMB KANGA 5 K'S OF SIKHS
· Here We Have Khalsa Kangha /Kanga Comb
· Wooden Black
· 5 K’s Of Sikhs
· Two Different Sizes Available:
. 6cm X 4cm Approx.
· Brand New and in sealed bags
· Kangha (Kanga) Is A Wooden Comb, And Is One Of The Five Kakar, Or Mandatory Sikhism Articles Of Faith, That Are Required Wear For The Amritdhari, Any Sikh Who Has Been Initiated Into The Order Of Khalsa In The Amritsanchar Ceremony. The Kangha Has Five Primary Aspects:
1. The Kangha Is Used Twice Daily To Comb And To Clean The Kes, The Long Uncut Hair That Is Mandatory For Sikhs.
2. The Kangha Is Worn Tucked In Beneath The Joora, The Topknot Of Unshorn Hair Bundled Upon The Head Of The Amritdhari Sikh.
3. The Kangha Is Commonly Carved From Rose Wood, Or Sandal Wood. The Kangha May Be Light Or Dark In Color Depending On Material Used. The Kangha May Be Embellished With Carvings, Inscriptions, Or Miniature Replicas Of The Kirpan Or Khanda Sword Symbol.
4. The Kangha May Be Anywhere Between Two Through Six Inches In Size. A Smaller Kangha May Be Preferred For Daily Wear While A Larger Kangha Might Be More Desirable For Combing Through Long Thick Hair That Has Been Recently Washed. The Small Fine Tooth Kangha Resembles The Modern Nit Comb, And In Olden Times Would Likely Have Been Used Along With Oil To Prevent And Control Infestations In The Hair Of The Head, And Rid The Kes Of Fleas And Lice By Cleaning Twice Daily
5. The Kangha Is Worn In The Hair Under Under Turban Or Keski A Kind Of Under Turban, And Is Kept On The Person Of The Amritdhari At All Times. The Kangha Is To Be Present Immediately Prior To The Amrit Ceremony And Thereafter Is To Remain With The Initiated Sikh Even While Bathing, Eating, Sleeping, During Intimate Relations And While Traveling. The Kangha Is Never Supposed To Be Removed. Even After Death, The Kangha Is To Be Respectfully Kept With The Body Of The Deceased And Be Present Throughout The Antam Sanskar Funeral Ceremony And Cremation
· Note: Picture Is For Illustration Purpose Only
PLEASE ALSO VIEW MY OTHER ITEMS THAT I SELL
Item(s) will be sent as soon as payment has been received in full via PayPal
Please leave positive feedback
Thanks for looking
Country/Region of Manufacture: India
Type: Beard Comb
Hair Type: All Hair Types
Age Group: All